Do not judge and you will not be judged.
Forgive and you will be forgiven.
Give and it will be given to you.
Luke 6: 37-38

5 December 2015

Fixing our eyes on Jesus

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:2
Fixing our eyes on Jesus, our beautiful Saviour who died for us,  is something that I should do all the time. I'd like to say, yes I do that Time after time, I wish I had fixed my eyes on Jesus, our saviour full of compassion and gentleness and also our King. So why not?
1 - I get distracted. When an annoying situation arises, instead of giving the burden to my Lord straight away, I try to sort it out myself on my own efforts..needless to say that it does not take long to realise that it is not working and none of it will be sorted. In fact, time after time, the Lord has shown me that it's only when I quit and i ask him to help me that the mountain disappears, for His glory. Just like that, yes but let us not forget the timing! In the Lord 's timing!
This takes us to number 2.
I forget about the timing. Essential, crucial. The Lord's timing is not ours. Why? well because we are not living in our final Kingdom. Though we are heirs with Christ, we are still in the world. 
3 A question of faith. Have you noticed that on some matters, we do not have any doubt, whereas on others, we are not sure at all. At the same time, someone in your family or among your friends will feel very different about the same matter. Their faith will be stronger than ours. Why? They believe what they read in the Word of God, they take it in their hearts and it's theirs forever. Not only that, they share it with us. It is so encouraging to meet godly people like that. You can tell they are on the rock. What they say does not move and they can explain it to you. When they say, the Lord is moving in this area of my life or in this town, you believe them. The Lord is at work in your life. Do you know it? Are you aware that the Lord is moving people, He is transforming others and all you have to do is to respond.
If you were in the valley of shadows, wake up, look forward, the time is coming when beautiful things are going to happen in your life, in all areas of your life. Trust in Jesus, the author and finisher of your faith. 
Have a blessed week-end in Jesus-Christ Amen.

No comments:

fb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
PersonalizedSketchesandSentiments