Do not judge and you will not be judged.
Forgive and you will be forgiven.
Give and it will be given to you.
Luke 6: 37-38

10 July 2010

When you think that you cannot find the answer...

I have found this week a bit challenging...one of my family member said I was endoctrinated (!) just because I was telling him how becoming a Christian had transformed my life for the better.. 
then everytime I think that I am growing..one step forward...somehow I manage to take two steps backward..not being 'alert'
So I am here wondering why and this morning when i quickly checked my inbox, I had a message from 
The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources
and this is it : 
You Need to Persevere
Heb 10:35,36 So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.

Confidence is revealed by one's response to persecution, be it verbal or otherwise. But saving faith is not simply confident, it perseveres. Even Paul himself was concerned about being disqualified, and thus speaks of exercising self-control saying, "I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." 1Cor 9:27

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." Jas 1:12 But the reward for perseverance is not just rewards in heaven, a confident perseverance in the faith communicates conviction and consequently wins a hearing for the gospel, or otherwise provokes fellow Christians to do likewise.

Of course what is implied in all this is the fact that we will be subjected to discouraging circumstances. But "consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls." Heb 12:3
Do you believe in coincidence? I don't...Blessings

No comments:

fb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
PersonalizedSketchesandSentiments